Saturday, February 9, 2013

Toe Painting - Sensory Play "Head over heels in love"

I have followed a few links on pinterest about sensory play. Since my son is way too little to be finger painting yet, I came up with the idea to do a jolly jumper toe painting to combine with some sensory play for my son.

I started out with a piece of poster board and taped out a  L<3 ve  using painters tape. I was hoping the tape wouldn't stick to the paper but it kinda did, especially when wet and was a bit hard to peel off. I think that using a glossy finger painting paper, or a canvas would work best for this, but I was just using what I had.




I had 2 different brands of non-toxic washable paint and added a few blobs over the picture. It is definately better to start with only a little bit of paint. I tried this a second time, used way too much paint and totally ruined it as the paper got too wet and totally ripped when I tried to get the tape off.
  Here is my son, not too sure what to think about this whole experience... it took him about 10 minutes to get into jumping mode cause he really didn't know what to do about it being so slippery.

 I had to shuffle the paper around a few times so that his feet would spread out all over
 I did move his feet strategically a few times to ensure that the edges on all the letters got covered so that they would reveal once the tape was peeled off.
 The completed project entitled " Head over heels in love" I set one clear footprint in the bottom righthand corner. After this dried I outlined the footprint in black pen and wrote my sons name, date, and titile of the piece in the footprint.
If you have any questions, or I have missed anything, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer. I would also welcome leaving a link or picture of your completed project!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea Michelle! Look forward to seeing your other ideas. ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool project! Love it and the little guy.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, or I have missed anything, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer. I would also welcome leaving a link or picture of your completed project!